Founded 1994 by Armand Courchaine
Frank Powers' Epoxy Minnow
Hook: Size 1/0 34007
Wing: White bucktail, Silver Flashabou,
Blue bucktail (Colors may vary; synthetic materials may be used.)
Body: (Gartside) Corsair tubing 1/3 inch
5 Minute Epoxy, stick-on eyes, blue and red Prismacolor
- Wrap thread to point.
- Tie on a small pinch of white bucktail. Add a drop of head cement
- Fold 3 strands of Silver Flashabou and tie on ahead of the bucktail.
- Tie on a small pinch of blue bucktail. Add a drop of head cement to
- Hold tubing with threads centered horizontally (they will become the
lateral lines) so that one end is against the thread wrapping. Wrap
end of tubing.Whip finish.
- Push tube back slightly. Find the point on the tubing just behind
the hook eye. Stretch tubing out and cut at the point you found, erring
on the long side. You can always cut a little more.
- Tie down tubing just behind the eye, build head, and whip finish.
- Color thread line blue till it darkens, then color the top half blue.
- Coat with epoxy and turn on vise or rotor till almost dry (slightly
- Stick on eyes with pupil on the lateral line.
- Draw a red gill line.
- Coat with epoxy.
For a textured but less glossy finish, color and stick eyes directly
on tubing and coat once.
Tides, Temperature - Lake
Depth Maps - Stocking
Schedule - Knots