Founded 1994 by Armand Courchaine
Knots with animated
directions, which you can control.
with a Twist: Controllable movie of Two Easy Hemostat Knots from Lefty
Knots from Fly Fisherman
Advice from Lefty
Make knots tight. When knots fail, it’s because they
haven’t been tightened.
- Moisten mono, but do not moisten
fluorocarbon with saliva. Fluorocarbon is slippery, and the
oil in the saliva will make it more so.
- Tighten by pulling on all ends, two at a time, till they’re
tight.. Use pliers or hemostat on heavier line.
Non-slip loop knot—for flies over size 8.
- Tag end should point toward the hook; otherwise it can pick up weeds
- Make an overhand knot in the line. Then pass the tag end
through the hook eye—and back through the loop.
- Make the knot smaller by pulling
on the long end
- Make the loop smaller by pulling on the short
end. Make the loop about 1/8th inch.
instructions (click on slow).
Tides, Temperature - Lake
Depth Maps - Stocking
Schedule - Knots