Founded 1994 by Armand Courchaine
Dick Empie’s Chartreuse Shad Fly
Bead: 3/16 Chartreuse (Mike Cree uses a cone)
Weight: 10 winds of 25, 12 of non-lead
Tail: Chartreuse Calftail (from bottom), Flash
Rear Band: Silver Mylar
Body: Fluorescent Chartreuse Danville Depth Ray
- Put bead on hook.
- Wind 10 turns of lead weight, 12 of nonlead. Push into bead.
- Tie on thread, wind down to bend, coat with head cement.
- Tie on small pinch of hand-stacked chartreuse calftail. Wrap a little
down bend—to make hook float upside down. Tail should be 1/2 hook
length, about 1/2 inch.
- Tie in two doubled pieces of flash, running down sides of tail.
- Tie in silver mylar tinsel, 6 turns (about 1/4 inch) and wind up to
- Tie in Danville thread, wind down to mylar and back, making tapered
body, and ending against bead.
- Whip finish, Coat thread with head cement.
Tides, Temperature - Lake
Depth Maps - Stocking
Schedule - Knots